[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Garden in Harmony Message Forum

Re: How to get rid of Lizards?

Posted By: Janet
Date: Friday, 16 September 2005, 3:24 p.m.

OK, reading the funnies is fine, but for people like me who are terrorized by lizards sightings, this is no laughing matter. I live in Florida and have 2-3 albino lizards that have taken to hanging out outside my kitchen/carport door. They only come out at night, so I have been trying to make it home before dark. If it's after dark, I RUN out of the carport (or just park on the driveway) and sprint to the front door. This is no laughing matter.

This morning, I found a small lizard and a teeny lizard in my master bathroom. How they got that far into the house, I don't know. Especially since I have mothballs inside and outside both doors, (around the sill of the doors and at the foot of the doors - outside). All I know is that, after I stopped screaming and gasping for air, I remembered that I had some hornet/wasp spray in the kitchen. I went and grabbed that (because it can spray up to 22 feet away) and sprayed them every time they moved. After about 2/3 of the can, the lizards were dead.

After about 15 more minutes, I was able to get up the courage to sweep them up and flush them away. So PLEASE, if you know of anything that works, OTHER THAN cats and snakes, PLEASE post a response. I say other than cats and snakes because:

1) if I flip out like this over a lizard, you can imagine what happens with even pictures of snakes,

2) cats like to brings trophies -- snakes-- and drop them at your door, and

3) the neighborhood cat which patrols several of our homes, must be of the opinion that it "doesn't do lizards" --- at least not the albino type; although I must admit I haven't seen any of the green ones lately.

If you can help, thank you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Garden in Harmony Message Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.