[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Garden in Harmony Message Forum

Re: How to get rid of Dollar weed

Posted By: Cathy
Date: Wednesday, 10 January 2007, 4:27 a.m.

Well, going back to square one, the Allexperts site is the one I mentioned, the strange woman is the one you just referenced. I never use chemicals - it's just a bad way to garden as far as I'm concerned, and Scotts Weed and Feed is the kind of thing you would use if you did not know anything about soil science. But I have to say that this woman's claim that she uses table sugar to kill weeds is utterly ridiculous. I would like one of you to tell me you can go out and sprinkle sugar on your property and the weeds will be killed. It does not do anything for the microbes in the soil, either. The ants love it, that's for sure. I do have a thick lawn, but it is not foolproof, and I don't mind that. Dollar weed however is a Noxious Weed with serious implications for the environment. Weed killer is not the answer. So far, it appears that Geese, a novel idea, could be. As a side note, the Geese population in some areas is getting a bad rap - people don't like the droppings or the aggressive birds. So my municipality is encouraging people to destroy the eggs in the nests and in the spring personnel will walk around oiling the eggs so they don't hatch. What's the world coming to?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Garden in Harmony Message Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.